The Delaware County Technical Schools Practical Nursing Program is a one year (1500 clock hour) nursing program designed to prepare the adult student to pursue a career as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). This program, approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), serves individuals wishing to pursue a nursing education while also serving area health care facilities by providing hospitals, nursing homes and home bound members of the community with well-educated and caring staff members.
Each year, the program admits approximately 100 students. Courses are conducted in the classroom located in Broomall, PA, where theories are learned and discussed, and at various health care facilities where students apply those theories in clinical. The Practical Nursing Program consists of four levels of study:
- Level I: Students are taught basic nursing skills necessary to care for a patient. They also learn Math (for medication administration) as well as Anatomy & Physiology.
- Level II: Students learn basic nutrition, the skill of administering medication, and begin to learn content in Medical-Surgical Nursing. They are also introduced to the Concepts of Mental Health.
- Level III: Students will focus on Obstetrical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, and Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Level IV: Students continue to focus on Advanced Medical Surgical Nursing, Psychiatric and Cognitive Impairment Nursing and Gerontological Nursing.
Quick Facts About the Program
- Full Time Program – Monday through Friday
- Classes – 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Clinical – 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 12 month Program – 1500 clock hours
- Classes begin in February and September each year
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
ACEN student achievement data-to view click here
Approval: PA STATE BOARD OF NURSING
Copies for review of Accreditation and Approval May Be Obtained by Contacting the Practical Nurse Program at (484) 423-7003.
Delaware County Technical High School-Marple Campus
Practical Nursing School
85 N. Malin Road,
Broomall, PA 19008