Class will begin August 21, 2017
This course is designed to prepare students to provide basic emergency medical care to sick and injured patients. Students will learn to provide medical care in a variety of settings including hospitals, fire departments and security agencies. This program allows volunteer Firefighters and Paramedics in Delaware County to participate at a reduced cost (ONLY AVAILABLE TO CURRENT VOLUNTEERS). The course is located at the Delaware County Emergency Services Center providing the most state of the art training environment.
- PA-EMT certification
- NIMS 100
- NIMS 200
- NIMS 700
- NIMS 800
- HAZMAT AWARENESS
Participants who successfully complete this program will:
- Communication in an Emergency & Documentation
- EMS Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel
- Lift & Move Patients
- Ambulance Operation
- Knowledge of the Human Body
- Life Support & First Aid to Victims
- Vital Signs & Health History
- Ventilation of an Airway
- Completed Application (online)
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
ATTENTION VOLUNTEERS! Volunteer Firefighters and Paramedics in Delaware County will be charged a discounted rate of $400.
Volunteer members of a Delaware County Fire Department or Ambulatory Service:
- DCTS will accept a letter from an officer on organization letterhead authorizing the department to be billed in lieu of a check or money order.
Location: Delaware County Emergency Training Center – Folcroft
Schedule: Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30pm – 10pm Saturdays 8am-4pm
COST: $1000, plus certification costs
Type: Evening and Weekend; Adults only
Tuition includes the textbook, pocket mask and consumable supplies. The application period is open and registrations are being taken by the Delaware County Technical School Folcroft Campus.
Delaware County Technical Schools – Aston 610-459-3050 ext.3500
Seating is limited, only upon receipt of payment will a seat be officially reserved.
Make Money Orders payable to Delaware County Technical Schools (DCTS)
Payment can be mailed to, or dropped off during business hours (7:30am-3:30pm) to:
Delaware County Technical Schools 701 Henderson Blvd. Folcroft, PA 19032 c/o EMT Training.