New classes starting NOW!
The DCTS Cosmetology program focuses on the fundamentals of the profession. Students will confidently begin working with hair, skin and nails early in their training. Students will acquire the technical skills that will lead them toward a successful career as a salon professional. During this 1250-hour training program, students learn hair sculpture, color application, chemical texture and skin and nail procedures. Students will study a wide variety of scientific applications, such as chemistry of cosmetics, biology, human anatomy and physiology. Upon completion, graduates are fully prepared to take the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology examination. Program is Available to adult students who have the need to begin and/or complete the required hours to earn the Pennsylvania Cosmetology License.
Students should expect to invest approximately $400 in specialized tools, uniforms, kits and reference materials over the length of this program.
We accept transfer hours from other beauty schools at a much lower cost! No entrance test required!
(Call for more details)
- Certificate of Completion
- Work towards the Pennsylvania State Board Cosmetology License
Participants who successfully complete this program will:
- Trim client Hair.
- Apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Administer therapeutic massages.
- Groom wigs or hairpieces.
- Asses skin or hair conditions.
- Promote and sell products, services, or programs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Clean tools or equipment and work areas.
- Treat nails by shaping, decorating, or augmenting.
- Maintain Client Information or service records.
- Completed Application (online)
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- Attend student orientation/interview
- Evening Program – Offered year round. Incoming students may enroll the first week of one of the following three time periods: September, January and May. Class meets four times a week (M,T,W,TH 6-10pm )
- Dates: Beginning January 9th, 2017 and May 1st, 2017, September 5, 2017
- Location: Aston and/or Folcroft campus (based on need)
- Time: May vary based on individual student need.
Location: Folcroft/Aston (location may vary so please call for details)
Schedules: Offered year round. Incoming students may enroll the first week of one of the following three time periods: September, January, and May. Class meets four times a week (M,T,W,TH 6-10pm)
Cost: Call for details (Cost vary for students who are just beginning the program versus those who are I need of additional hours)
Type: Part Time Evening, Intergenerational Day time program available (call for details)