The Delaware County Technical School of Cosmetology
New classes starting NOW!
The Delaware County Technical School of Cosmetology focuses on the fundamentals of the profession. Students will confidently begin working with hair, skin and nails early in their training. Students will acquire the technical skills that will lead them toward a successful career as a salon professional. During this 1250-hour training program, students learn hair sculpture, color application, chemical texture, skin and nail procedures. Students will study a wide array of scientific applications, such as chemistry of cosmetics, biology, human anatomy and physiology. Upon completion, graduates are fully prepared to take the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology examination. This program is Available to adult students who need to begin and/or complete the required hours to earn their Pennsylvania Cosmetology License.
Students should expect to invest approximately $400 in specialized tools, uniforms, kits and reference materials over the length of this program.
We accept transfer hours from other beauty schools at a much lower cost! No entrance test required!
(Call for more details)
- Certificate of Completion
- Work towards the Pennsylvania State Board Cosmetology License
Participants who successfully complete this program will:
- Trim client hair.
- Apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Administer therapeutic massages.
- Groom wigs or hairpieces.
- Asses skin or hair conditions.
- Promote and sell products, services, or programs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Clean tools or equipment and work areas.
- Treat nails by shaping, decorating, or augmenting.
- Maintain Client Information or service records.
- Completed Application (online)
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- Attend student orientation/interview
- Evening Program – Offered year round. Incoming students may enroll the first week of one of the following three time periods: September, January and May. Class meets four times a week (M,T,W,TH 5:30pm-9:30pm )
- Dates: Beginning September 5, 2017, January 8, 2018 and May 7, 2018
- Location: Folcroft campus
- Length: May vary based on individual student need.
Schedules: Offered year round. Incoming students may enroll the first week of one of the following three time periods: September, January, and May. Class meets four times a week (M,T,W,TH 5:30pm-9:30pm )
Cost: Call for details (Costs vary for students who are just beginning the program versus those who are in need of additional hours)
Type: Part Time Evening, Intergenerational Day time program available (call for details)
DCTS Cosmetology graduates should call for more details about the Cosmetology Summer Academy